The Aikido Beginners Course is for any person who has not previously practised Aikido.
After completing the 4-week course you will be able to join the Ku-ring-gai Aikido Dojo, and begin regular practise in both empty hand and weapon techniques.
WHY A SPECIAL COURSE ?
A martial art, by its very nature, contains techniques designed to harm and injure. So the aim of the Beginners Course is to teach you fundamental survival skills so that you can engage in safe Aikido practice. Over 4 lessons, you will learn the principles of Aikido and the basics of collaborative self defence, including:
- how to stand to avoid attack
- how to use distance and movement to protect yourself from harm
- how to fall without injuring yourself
- how to “centre” to gain stability
INTERESTED IN STARTING?
The Beginners course is held every month, each Wednesday from 6:45-7:45 pm, for 4 weeks generally from the first Wednesday of each month. The course fee is $80 (inc. GST) for all 4 lessons.
- Complete the Application and Indemnity Form on-line and save it to your computer (click below)
See the Calendar below for the start date of the Beginners Courses you wish to join:
Fees for the BEGINNERS COURSE can also paid by direct deposit to APLUS BSB 032-007 ACCT 238106
This is the Aikido Beginners Class programme.