A course for Children to learn Aikido, build Self Confidence, and provide harmonious skills for dealing with conflict.
Children these days are at an increased risk of bullying, harassment and unwanted aggression whether it be in the schoolyard or on the street. There are many martial arts currently teaching children equally aggressive (adult) techniques, involving punching or kicking another person, to deal with these situations.
By comparison, the modern Japanese martial art of Aikido (The Way of Harmony) teaches a totally different philosophy of conflict control.
Rather than fuelling the fight by engaging in further conflict, this course teaches children a strategy for effectively and powerfully dealing with aggression and conflict whilst, maintaining their own safety.
Based on the principles of the Japanese martial art of Aikido, children are taught:
- How to be situationally aware and centred
- How to move in a balanced way in response to threats or violence
- How to physically control aggressive behaviour in a safe and harmonious manner
- The basics of the martial art of Aikido, involving various rolls, pins and throws.
This course is aimed at boys and girls, aged 7-13 years of age. It teaches a new paradigm of behaviour based on Aikido principles of harmonious but powerful movement, taught by experienced instructors who have had years of experience teaching children.
All instructors for this course are black belt rated trainers who are nationally accredited under the Federal Government’s National Coaching Accreditation Scheme (NCAS).
Classes are taught on Monday from 6:45 to 7:45 pm at the Ku-ring-gai Town Hall on the Pacific Highway at Pymble. Amble parking is available and parents are encouraged to attend and watch the classes, so that they can understand the approach and reinforce it with their child after the class.
You can book your child into the course by:
- Completing the registration FORM by downloading the PDF application and typing into the boxes and then sending the completed form by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Paying the term fee by direct deposit to: APLUS PTY LIMITED, BSB: 032-007 ACCT NO. 23-8106 (Please include your name on the electronic payment).